Presidents Buhari named Mr. Harry as the federation’s statistician-general in August 2021, succeeding Yemi Kale.
Simon Harry, Nigeria’s statistician-general, died just seven months after being appointed.His death was confirmed by the National Bureau of Statistics on Wednesday.
Sunday Ichedi, a representative, said more information would be released later.
President Muhammadu Buhari named Mr. Harry as the federation’s statistician-general in August 2021, succeeding Yemi Kale.
Mr Harry had almost three decades of experience as the Director of NBS’s Corporate Planning and Technical Coordination Department.
He started as a Statistician 11 at the Federal Office of Statistics in 1992 and ascended through the ranks to become a substantive Director of Statistics in 2019.
He participated to various reform projects during his civil service career, notably the restructuring of the then Federal Office of Statistics, which was transformed into the current National Bureau of Statistics.
He also helped to modernize the Nigerian Statistical System, resulting in the design and establishment of state statistics bureaus at the subnational level.
- Domestic Violence: A woman cancels her wedding three days before the date, claiming her fiance is enraged
- ASUU Strike: Ngige attacks the education ministry and proposes a strike option
- NG-CARES Registration Portal
- Basic Entrepreneurship and Skills Training Programme
- Reps seek automatic employment for first class Nigerian graduates